As our business continues to grow and expand, and we see more and more visitors on the North Shore, we are always on the lookout for employees who love working in hospitality! We believe in benefits of cross-training, so our staff is cross-trained in housekeeping and front desk operations.
What We Offer;
- Consistent, full time hours
- Affordable shared or private housing
- Ample time off during off-season, if requested
- 50% off Food at Cascade Restaurant & Pub
- Friends & Family discounts on accomodations
- Free bikes for use
- Company vehicle for going to grocery store
What we Are Looking For;
We have a small team at Cliff Dweller so it is important that our new team members have the following qualities;
- Adaptability- easily learn new skills and effectively operate in different environments. Come up with creative solutions to problems and be willing to change approach when necessary.
- Strong Work Ethic- showing up on time, taking initiative, working hard, and making an effort to improve the quality of work.
- Good Communication Skills- ability to listen, understand the needs of others, respond appropriately to situations, get along with the team.
- Positive Attitude- it makes for a more enjoyable work environment.
- Problem Solving Skills- identify the root of the problem, come up with creative solutions, implement solutions efficiently. Good problem solving skills involve critical thinking, creativity, and the ability to remain calm and objective.
Just for Fun;
- Hike, bike, canoe, ski, snowshoe, downhill ski, snow-machine, fish, swim in small lakes (Lake Superior is way too cold :), take a skill class at the North House Folk School and learn an amazing skill such as canoe building, glass blowing, or woodcarving.
Cliff Dweller on Lake Superior is a great place to work!
If you are interested in joining the Cliff Dweller team, please complete an application or stop by Cliff Dweller to fill one out.
Employment questions? Give us a call at (218) 663-7273.